Coffee Grounds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion there isn't such thing as too much coffee:D:love: I'll never have enough of three things: coffee, mung bean sprouts and cooked green asparagus. It's so yummy!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeap I collect the coffee grounds and mix them with powdered eggshells. We have a few mortars, wood and stone so after washed the eggshells I put them in the microwave for 30 sec. and throw them in the mortar and crushed them to powder. I started doing this for my wife's house plants but it work in the garden (I mean my buckets garden)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
In my opinion there isn't such thing as too much coffee:D:love: I'll never have enough of three things: coffee, mung bean sprouts and cooked green asparagus. It's so yummy!

I drank 10 cups of coffee in 1 hour once.... believe me, there is such thing as too much coffee. LMAO

I'm about to start collecting grinds starting tomorrow. The weather is very warm during the day, but it is still freezing at night. To early to plant but good to prep. I like @Gilcano's idea with the egg shells. Since there are chickens here, we have an abundant supple of eggs and the people we are staying with eat a lot of them. So the egg shell thing I can do easily.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Headfullofbees - haha, that's right! So there are four things I can't live without:D
Kevinkimers - 10 cups of coffee in one hour? Why did you do it? Was it a bet?:sneaky: I don't know if it's true, but I heard that drinking a lot of coffee can give you hallucinations.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well, I must have been hallucinating because I passed my exam that day with 100%. LMAO.... I drank them back to back trying to wake up after a long night of partying and was still a bit drunk. I never went to sleep or stop drinking before I went to class. Don't let anyone lie to you, coffee does NOT sober you up, makes you sick as a SOB though. LMAO

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well, I must have been hallucinating because I passed my exam that day with 100%. LMAO.... I drank them back to back trying to wake up after a long night of partying and was still a bit drunk. I never went to sleep or stop drinking before I went to class. Don't let anyone lie to you, coffee does NOT sober you up, makes you sick as a SOB though. LMAO

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha:) This sounds extreme. I don't think I'd be able to pass an exam after a night of partying;) As for sobering up, I heard that eating dark chocolate helps a lot with that, but I haven't tried this method yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is too cool and GENIUS to call starbucks and ask for their used grounds. I live in the Seattle-area so near me there has got to be a place where I can do this. I added grounds to the top layer of two Honeysuckle plants I have in my yard and they seem to be loving it. The only problem are those pesky deer... :devil:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Plant around the edge of your garden one of or all of these herbs and it will keep the deer at bay.

Mint
Yarrow
Rosemary
Russian Sage
Lavender
Bee Balm

Deer hate these herbs and will avoid them. They are also great to have around the place because of the scents and the medicinal properties.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Plant around the edge of your garden one of or all of these herbs and it will keep the deer at bay.

Mint
Yarrow
Rosemary
Russian Sage
Lavender
Bee Balm

Deer hate these herbs and will avoid them. They are also great to have around the place because of the scents and the medicinal properties.
Thank you so much. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
No problem, we have tons of deer, elk, and antelope around here and those plants seem to help deter them. But remember, if hungry enough very little deters them.

Ask a Question