Coconuts

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
That is indeed horrible unneighborly behavior! Hope it doesn't taint your "home is your haven" feelings.

As the law of karma, that neighbor was hit by a stroke within the year and suffered for 5 years before he passed away. I'm really sorry to mention that but I just want the world to learn a lesson or two on being a good neighbor. It's a good thing that our mango tree in the backyard is not near the fence with that nasty neighbor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh no! I am so sorry! I recently discovered all the wonderful things coconut oil can do. I'm completely hooked, now. Its the only oil I use anymore... for skin, for my dogs' skin and fur, cooking, even making homemade rose oil. I couldn't imagine being allergic to it. I really am so sorry!

After I consumed it for about two months, I found out the hard way! My skin was so much drier, and all my veins popped up! I totally freaked out one day when I saw the veins darken and seemed like they will burst. I stopped immediately, and the veins slowly are back to normal now. It was a scare to see!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Coconuts are a great way to take out your frustration in life. Just beat the heck out of them until they split open. I have never really liked the milk inside, so it does matter to me that all of it spills out. The only downfall to buying coconuts around here is that the outer skin is already peeled off when you get them at the store. You are very lucky to have coconut trees in your yard!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Technically the Coconut is a Drupe, but loosely it could be either a fruit, nut or seed :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
As the law of karma, that neighbor was hit by a stroke within the year and suffered for 5 years before he passed away. I'm really sorry to mention that but I just want the world to learn a lesson or two on being a good neighbor. It's a good thing that our mango tree in the backyard is not near the fence with that nasty neighbor.
Mmmmm....food for thought.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
After I consumed it for about two months, I found out the hard way! My skin was so much drier, and all my veins popped up! I totally freaked out one day when I saw the veins darken and seemed like they will burst. I stopped immediately, and the veins slowly are back to normal now. It was a scare to see!
The are almost a staple diet here and we have not come across anyone having this kind of allegy. Sorry for you.

Coconuts are a great way to take out your frustration in life. Just beat the heck out of them until they split open. I have never really liked the milk inside, so it does matter to me that all of it spills out. The only downfall to buying coconuts around here is that the outer skin is already peeled off when you get them at the store. You are very lucky to have coconut trees in your yard!
That is something I never knew. Surely there are better ways to take out frustrations (lol)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Technically the Coconut is a Drupe, but loosely it could be either a fruit, nut or seed :)
Learnt something new today. I never knew there was a 'drupe' category - thanks for that.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I always try to be a good neighbor... the kind people never hear or see, or talk to. Doing it that way increases my chances of getting the same respect in return. But your story definitely makes me want to try to be a better neighbor lol

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know a guy who bought that martial arts video that teaches you how to open a coconut with your bare hands. Every morning now you'll catch him in little martial arts outfit crushing coconuts. He's all about impressing the girls, haha

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats like being allergic to oxygen or water. I'm so sorry to hear that. But at least you're starting to get to normal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I know a guy who bought that martial arts video that teaches you how to open a coconut with your bare hands. Every morning now you'll catch him in little martial arts outfit crushing coconuts. He's all about impressing the girls, haha

I imagine this would impress the ladies for sure. It is more about concentration of energy rather than strength though, I think. At least that is what I have heard. People can do amazing things when they put their mind to it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think it really impresses the ladies. All the ladies I know laugh at him. Do you remember when the "vampires" led by Rod Ferrell left kentucky and went to Florida. He brutally murdered a girls parents and headed to New Orleans. The coconut crushing guy was the head "vampire" who got Rod Ferrel into all that. He's a really big joke around here.

Reaction score
I don't think I will ever be able to grow a coconut tree here in Georgia but I would love to have one. I eat them because I purchase them fom the store. I use coconut oil and use products on my hair made from them. I would love to visit an area that has these trees. I've never seen one.

Reaction score
Country
United States
what kind of region do you need to be in to grow a coconut tree? Does anyone know? @Smartmom same here h the coconut oil. Right now 10$ far a pretty small jar is too much. Especially with how many uses I have for it.

Reaction score
How wonderful to have fresh coconuts so readily available. We love to cook our chicken pieces which we dust with polenta on the bbq using coconut oil. It really gives a great flavour and we are told is very good for us.

Same here! I wish I could afford to buy enough organic coconut oil to use as I please in the kitchen :p I was told coconut oil is the healthiest oil, specially if you have gallbladder issues, as well as other GI issues.

Ask a Question