Cleansing your soul

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What do you do when your soul needs a good cleansing? Do you go out to the garden, clean up your home, or take a nice walk? For me this year, cleansing my soul is going to mean simplifying my life the best I can and getting back into nature. I will never live totally off the grid, but I would like to make life a little more simple to live.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I clean, purge junk and basically tidy up physical things. Then my mind feels decluttered and then my to do lists are all the good chores such as playing with my greenhouses.

Reaction score
Cleansing my soul means getting rid of all my negative notions and just concentrating on positive things; it also means giving my house a thorough cleaning and just engage in activities that affords me peace of mind.

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
What do you do when your soul needs a good cleansing? Do you go out to the garden, clean up your home, or take a nice walk? For me this year, cleansing my soul is going to mean simplifying my life the best I can and getting back into nature. I will never live totally off the grid, but I would like to make life a little more simple to live.

Well I am aware of when it gets to the point when my body requires some kind of cleansing but not sure about the soul. I guess the soul aspect of it would lean toward the feeling of being overwhelmed with all of the negatives going on in one's life and the impact that it takes on your physical being. There are times when I feel stressed out to the point where I know that I am going to need some time to myself to rejuvenate, maybe away from work and just lie at home and think on things, and do what i enjoy without any hassle.
Exercise is good for this too as I know that upon completion of any form of physical activity overtime, there is a sense of feeling free and cleaner as well as refreshed. The next day will have me feeling more able to take on the tasks that are laid out in front of me without seeming too overwhelmed by it.

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I had a cousin who passed recently and at the funeral her doctor came to address the gathering. This was unusual as this was not something that we usually have happening at funerals, he spoke and then he left, visibly upset and it made many of us uneasy what he said. He told the gathering that Jane died from a broken heart as she would always call or come to him and tell him that she had no one to talk to, all her family had turn their backs on her and it was something that impacted her mentally, physically and emotionally. She used to go up to the school in the community to volunteer and he said this was because she wanted to be around others as the number of individuals available to her to converse with was too few and she needed it. It was really a sad story and it was somewhat shocking as most persons thought that it was the other way around, that she was antisocial and did not like the company of others so most persons actually stayed away from her. Her mother had passed and she lived alone. I am sharing this story because there are times when we draw conclusions about the personality of others based solely on how they appear without talking with them and getting to know them. When you look at this girl, she would always appear upset and looked angry and ready to curse someone, so most did not bother to say anything to her as they feared she would be too aggressive when responding to them. I remember when she was going to elementary school and she was such a happy soul, but a lot happened; the death of so many of her loved ones, I guess it just broke her and she seemed to have changed.

I think her soul got overwhelmed with all the sadness she endured, based on what the doctor said and she just could not bear the pressure of it all.

She was 36 when she passed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm so sorry for your loss that is sad. I do need to cleanse my soul sometimes because there are negative people in my work life. It is really hard to go to work some days, but I do need the money. I am looking for a new job right now, but I have to get paid until I find one. I just have to cleanse every once in a while and keep myself positive.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
When I feel like I'm off balance, I would meditate, listen to my fave music, exercise and watch good movie, also spend time with nature. If I'm not able to go out and enjoy the fresh air, I listen to nature's sound with instrumental background music that I have in my computer files. Grounding is a must for me too.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That is so sad Nikki :(

I,m usually quite happy messing about in the garden but like to get myself out somewhere nice quite often
DSCN0663.JPG

Ask a Question