Cinema

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I watched "I Tonya" on TV the other night..

You had to have some sympathy for her, how much she knew about an actual physical attack on Nancy Kerrigan, is always debatable.

However, no one can take these fantastic performances away from her. The first American to attempt and complete a triple axel.

Having watched the skating in the Olympics last week, compared with these, I think the choice of music was often poor. Yes , triples were the norm and there were a few quads, but the sport had had thirty years to improve the standard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I was watching the 1947 film noir, "Johnny O'Clock" tonight starring Dick Powell and Evelyn Keyes.
Jeff Chandler has a small part in this, That small, he isn't credited amongst the cast list.
Interesting that I could understand every word spoken of the dialogue.
Contrast this with the Michael Craig version of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," on "Great Movies," which was on at the same time, where I couldn't.

I always associated Jeff Chandler with Westerns, but checking on IMDb I learned he could sing too. This song sung at this tempo, requires the ability to hold "long tones," which he could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Ask a Question