Christmas Lights

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Are you bothering this year?

Our local village has a lot of lights strung down the length of both sides of the street and they are up in the nearest town.
In our road a lot of house do bother. As the houses were all built at the same time to the same plan they all have similar front door arrangements, so these get similarly lit. Though some residents string more lights to the eaves, or around the bay windows and a few have features lit on the small front lawns, it can look very festive.
So today I made the effort

But this is a far as we go. We don't have a tree or other decorations, but we do string up the cards.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
2013 Christmas house.jpg

We believe in "less is more" and just put electric candles in our front windows. We also decorate the entrance fences and put swags on the pasture gates. We have a collection of nativities from around the world that we put on display in the dining and living rooms, a large Christmas tree with ornaments we have from years ago, and a big wreath on the front door. Perhaps our "less" is "more"!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Initial question was ----Am I bothering this year? So ---Christmas season 2021 again I set up those star burst lights that shine up in the trees, its very fairy like, and easy to set up. Husband made the wise crack that it was really "nothing" special. So being passive aggressive that I am, in my head I said, OK, lets see what you have then ---husband. Christmas 2022 I set up nothing outside, and nothing happened at all from "HIM". So this year we will again await for the creative wonderment husband who thinks he can do it better to do something. And that is my answer. I will put the star in the window of the living room, and I did rearrange the fireplace mantle.

Ask a Question