Cheating Stores out of Strawberry palnts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United States
You bought the plants. Lowes sold them. There is nothing wrong with the plants. Lowes is in the selling business not in the loaning plants business. You are a thief by your actions.
The plant doesn't have to be damaged in order to return it. Home Depot is the same thing. Trust me, when you buy a plant from the stores they tell you about the 1 year return.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You certainly named this thread correctly. CHEATING. When was cheating ever acceptable

Reaction score
Country
United States
You certainly named this thread correctly. CHEATING. When was cheating ever acceptable
When did I saw cheating was acceptable? This plan is just exploiting the ways of a strawberry plant, there is nothing wrong with it and it abides with home depot and lowes guarantee rules.

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not really as many stores accept returns. Its there policy anyways
Their returns are for diseased or damaged plants even though they will give cheats their money back. Just because they agree to give you a refund that doesn't make it right for you to take advantage of the stores policies.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Their returns are for diseased or damaged plants even though they will give cheats their money back. Just because they agree to give you a refund that doesn't make it right for you to take advantage of the stores policies.
They don't lose money and still get their plants back. Plus, call your local lowes, if you are not satisfied as well, they still accept the plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
When did I saw cheating was acceptable? This plan is just exploiting the ways of a strawberry plant, there is nothing wrong with it and it abides with home depot and lowes guarantee rules.
Isn't this thread named Cheating stores out of strawberry plants. You admit its cheating and yet you try to trivialize your cheating by making excuses about the stores policies. You are a thief and I cannot change your mind. I hope you choke on the stolen strawberrys. I will no longer answer any of your threads. You are now the first and only person on the ignore list.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't this thread named Cheating stores out of strawberry plants. You admit its cheating and yet you try to trivialize your cheating by making excuses about the stores policies. You are a thief and I cannot change your mind. I hope you choke on the stolen strawberrys. I will no longer answer any of your threads. You are now the first and only person on the ignore list.
old people are sure argumentative and grumpy...

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What I spoke of doing, is perfectly fine and fits all rules within Lowes... I suggest you search up their 1 year guarantee. :)

You would not have the runners without the original plant that you paid for. You're not only buying that plant, you're buying the ability to grow strawberries, which you would not be able to do without the original plants, which happen to be inexpensive in the first place. You can twist the story as you'd like, it's still stealing, and most importantly, morally wrong.

old people are sure argumentative and grumpy...

I can tell this topic has run its course, and maybe @Ian and @Becky will agree.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The plant doesn't have to be damaged in order to return it. Home Depot is the same thing. Trust me, when you buy a plant from the stores they tell you about the 1 year return.

You're like an educated person who used his/her knowledge to ruin others' businesses. Think about your action as if you were Lowes's owners or Home Depot's workers!

Ex had this colleague who would go to Argos and buy a tool and use it for his jobs and then return it. Legally, he's exploiting the loophole like you. Don't think he would be happy if he were Argos' owners or workers! Some even return boxes with brick inside. I found out when I returned my stuff and the staff told me they had to open to box to make sure things were inside them. But some clever "engineer" would buy a satellite dish and go home and pinch the vital LNB. You're not much different.

Ask your friend for a runner, as Daren said!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's quite clear from our members replies that no one agrees with doing such a thing, and I think there's an element of trolling going on here :cautious:

But I'd like to add that this forum in no way condones such action and the only reason I haven't reported this thread to Lowes is that they don't have an email contact.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question