Carpet rose?

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I am trying to find more information on carpet rose but not much luck. We moved to a new home with some carpet roses and we are not sure.

so there is an eye-soaring one that is not lined up at the front and more to the left. Do they tend to grow wider so that misalignment will cancel out eventually? Or if we should move that first one to the right to align them and if yes, when is the best time? They’re in the ground for 11 months now in Sacramento area climate if that makes a difference.

do they grow taller like to form a hedge, or more like a creeper? While we kind of like the rose, we also want something to form a hedger between us and our neighbors.

thanks

D4A57352-D046-4200-9465-BDB1A91DFAF5.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I think the reason for that one being out of line is due to the nearness of access to the utilities. Planted any closer it's roots could interfere with what lays below those access points.

Carpet roses are generally low growing and their spread about the same as their height. They won't grow tall enough to provide you with privacy between you and your neighbours. If you are considering replacing them I would think twice about a full size hedge as the roots will spread further and are likely to damage the facilities.

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks Sheal. In that case then I probably need to move everyone behind the first one. Or just replace that first one with a rock or flag or something so it won’t look like misaligned then.

I was originally considering boxwood left line so I guess that is now out of the equation then. Probably just move the three potentially too large/close to the house euonymus from the back left to the right front.

Thanks again

I think the reason for that one being out of line is due to the nearness of access to the utilities. Planted any closer it's roots could interfere with what lays below those access points.

Carpet roses are generally low growing and their spread about the same as their height. They won't grow tall enough to provide you with privacy between you and your neighbours. If you are considering replacing them I would think twice about a full size hedge as the roots will spread further and are likely to damage the facilities.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
A suggestion would be to construct a fence at the height you would need and plant inside the fence. Or maybe a trellis of fence height and grow a climbing plant through it.

Is it possible to move the rose to the other end of the line by the fence?

Ask a Question