Bug in lawn getting inside the house

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I have noticed some white dots moving near my front yard. They stay in the mulch area and not on the grass/plant (and not in the backyard either). It has some sort of antenna and very small almost like a white dot of mini roaches with white/beige color (and definitely not aphid or spider mites or silverfish). I did turn up the watering the last 3-4 days as my lawn is yellowing (and it is still semi-yellow). They don’t look like white ant due to the antenna.

Any idea what it is? It is starting to invade my neighbourhood and getting into the house (mostly bathroom area and downstairs). There’s also plenty of spiders in my front yard mulch area so it’s something that can co-exist with them.

FYI I am near the Sacramento area and I am in a newly build house (and I have used about 10 Pesticides foggers before I move in there in around Jan/Feb time as I know eggs like to linger in construction materials). My neighbor cemented her backyard and the side lawn near driveway about two weeks ago (though I don’t see how they will create the move).

Is it a seasonal garden thing or a pest control thing?

Included is picture of my house situation and my neighbors’.

P.S. we also start to seeing Beatles coming in the house now (or lay dead in garage).

Attachments

• 321DE346-57FC-439F-B073-C2C97CDB54B7.jpeg
    321DE346-57FC-439F-B073-C2C97CDB54B7.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 8A2632BF-3C07-4B61-8972-B550720ADA2C.jpeg
    8A2632BF-3C07-4B61-8972-B550720ADA2C.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 122
Reaction score
Country
United States
They come due to conditions and when the conditions are gone they will leave or die. You have nothing to worry about because they are very impermanent and when the weather changes they will leave. Those bugs are not harmful to people or plants and in two weeks they should be gone. Be patient.

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks oneye. Do you know what those white dot things are called?
Thanks again
They come due to conditions and when the conditions are gone they will leave or die. You have nothing to worry about because they are very impermanent and when the weather changes they will leave. Those bugs are not harmful to people or plants and in two weeks they should be gone. Be patient.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Scale, Whitefles, or Mealy bugs. They won't bite or hurt your children or pets it's just that time of the year. In 3 or 4 weeks you won't see them. Most of the time spraying a lot of poison stuff on lawn is just a waste of money and does more harm and good. As you already found out using all those foggers didn't stop them. You are safe and have nothing to worry about so go outdoors and enjoy you new property.

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t think they are scale or mites. These ones left the vegetation alone.
There is also these that almost look like silverfish.
840832FB-1B70-4DFE-A220-3C8B0AD6A536.jpeg

Scale, Whitefles, or Mealy bugs. They won't bite or hurt your children or pets it's just that time of the year. In 3 or 4 weeks you won't see them. Most of the time spraying a lot of poison stuff on lawn is just a waste of money and does more harm and good. As you already found out using all those foggers didn't stop them. You are safe and have nothing to worry about so go outdoors and enjoy you new property.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whatever the case, you don't have to be scared of any of the bugs you have, unless you just want to.

SubbuPD

Subbu PD
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Singapore
Country
Singapore
Hi,

I have noticed some white dots moving near my front yard. They stay in the mulch area and not on the grass/plant (and not in the backyard either). It has some sort of antenna and very small almost like a white dot of mini roaches with white/beige color (and definitely not aphid or spider mites or silverfish). I did turn up the watering the last 3-4 days as my lawn is yellowing (and it is still semi-yellow). They don’t look like white ant due to the antenna.

Any idea what it is? It is starting to invade my neighbourhood and getting into the house (mostly bathroom area and downstairs). There’s also plenty of spiders in my front yard mulch area so it’s something that can co-exist with them.

FYI I am near the Sacramento area and I am in a newly build house (and I have used about 10 Pesticides foggers before I move in there in around Jan/Feb time as I know eggs like to linger in construction materials). My neighbor cemented her backyard and the side lawn near driveway about two weeks ago (though I don’t see how they will create the move).

Is it a seasonal garden thing or a pest control thing?

Included is picture of my house situation and my neighbors’.

P.S. we also start to seeing Beatles coming in the house now (or lay dead in garage).

Nothing to worry. They will leave or rather die

Ask a Question