Break in drip irrigation system

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a break in my system. The problem is that although I have connectors I could use to add more hose, the connectors are too small for the new 1/2 inch hose I have. What is in the ground is also 1/2 inch, but it's older and has been stretched. Any suggestions? Pictures attached
IMG_7708.jpeg
IMG_7710.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Go to the hardware store and buy a new water line and new couplings and splice them together between the break. Or just use PVC and splice them back together. Use a foot of line and 2 connections. Easy fix for about $10 at the hardware store.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a break in my system. The problem is that although I have connectors I could use to add more hose, the connectors are too small for the new 1/2 inch hose I have. What is in the ground is also 1/2 inch, but it's older and has been stretched. Any suggestions? Pictures attached
View attachment 96374View attachment 96375
That’s what I did, but the new water line is too narrow for any of my couplings even though it’s 1/2 inch like what is in the ground

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those 1/2" gray waterline barbed connectors are actually like using 3/4" fittings. That is why the waterline is stretched.

You probably need to use 1/2" water hose couplers but they stopped making them a couple years back. The water hose couplers are only for 5/8" to 3/4" hoses now. Might find a 1/2" coupler at an RV store.

Acutally if you look in Lowes where all the PEX fittings are, there are 1/2" brass double barbed fittings that may fit it.

Ask a Question