Bare Root Trees

Reaction score
I have a question regarding some bare-root trees I purchased from Biglots 3 weeks ago.
I planted trees according to directions and keep them watered also. It has been 3 weeks since I planted and no budding is appearing. I live in Western NY and weather has been cold, but all my other tree's have leaves on them already.

How long should I wait before I declare them DOA? This morning I did scratch a couple of the off-shoots on them and under the bark they are moist and "green wood", Never done bare-root before and just wondering how long it takes to see life in them.
Thanks,
Mike

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a question regarding some bare-root trees I purchased from Biglots 3 weeks ago.
I planted trees according to directions and keep them watered also. It has been 3 weeks since I planted and no budding is appearing. I live in Western NY and weather has been cold, but all my other tree's have leaves on them already.

How long should I wait before I declare them DOA? This morning I did scratch a couple of the off-shoots on them and under the bark they are moist and "green wood", Never done bare-root before and just wondering how long it takes to see life in them.
Thanks,
Mike
Be patient. They are just getting used to their new home. As long as you have green wood your're probably OK. Plus, that ground is still very cold, just not frozen and your other trees are used to it

Last edited:

Ask a Question