Avocado Pruning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have grown this avocado from seed a few months ago and since it has grown very quickly and I think it is a bit too long so I think I should prune it to encourage growth but I don’t know where to prune.
Please Help
Thanks
820BA4A3-B1B6-478E-87DB-02668843F185.jpeg
2A618C0C-54D0-45A2-BF92-E4CF07C6A24F.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
IMO you don't nor should you prune your tree. What it needs is more light. Your tree is quickly growing leggy because it is trying to get more light and pruning won't do anything about insufficient light. Remember, this is a tropical plant and the UK is not tropical.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow impressive avo! I was just about to post asking how to prune mine, which is nearly 5 feet tall but in serious need of some help.... (closed the shades so it could be seen better)
IMG_8520.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Actually we need to see the color of the leaves so the shades should be open but I can tell you from what I see now that your tree isn't getting more than a fraction of the sunlight that it needs. It is super leggy. And I can tell you that your tree needs nutrition, which kind I cannot say because I can't see the leaves. And It is probably root bound which is why it is so droopy.

Ask a Question