zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reckon we are.

They've not done bad for only being in 3 weeks :)
DSCN2522.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use grocery store garlic, but some is treated to stop it sprouting on the shelf so I buy the 'organic' ones, not a guarantee. Organic is a much misused word, but less likely to be chemically treated.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking about planting garlic, but only a small amount, in a pot, on the windowsill. Everything I grow is in containers, even outdoors. I have sprouted garlic before, and placed it around roses, but never grown it for food use. Because I eat a lot of garlic I now want to try growing it, though from what I have read it takes a really long time to be able to harvest it.

Do either of you have any tips for successful growing?
Im I’m Uk and always plant it around October. Two reasons for this; firstly it needs cold weather to form cloves, if not you’ll get one large clove which is still edible but not convenient. Secondly, it give the garlic a really good start as soon as the weather warms up in spring. I buy three bulbs and harvest enough to last me well into summer .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I completely forgot to do it this past fall. I made a note on the calendar for this year. I've always had luck with garlic when I did plant it

Ask a Question