Are you ok jed?

Jed

Reaction score
Jed, do you have the means to collect and store more water if the rains do come? If summer is just starting I have a feeling you may be carting water again before long if things continue in the way they began. I saved 5 gallons last week and there's probably another gallon in their now with more rain on the way. I just have to figure out where to put it all.

Do you have the threat of tornadoes behind the cyclones there? We never used to have to worry about that, but after Katrina they started getting closer and the second year after one actually came through my neighborhood.

We rarely get tornadoes here. Last year there was a small one hit in the city. By comparison of the ones you have it would be like a tadpole.
You should hunt out these 55 gallon juice drums plastic and steel types.. http://for-sale.yakaz.com/55-gallon-steel-drums-sale
http://for-sale.yakaz.com/food-grade-plastic-drums-barrels

Cyclones are a thing of northern Australia. Very rarely do they come further south of the line Tropic of Capricorn. 23.5 degrees South.
I can only store 9,000litres or 2,000gallons in the two tanks I have. I'm afraid it will be carting for some time till it rains enough to get the creek running again.
Yesterday I carted 900 litres / 200 gallons of water. It took 4.5 hours of 3 loads.
I've only done one today and should go and get the second now.
I have to consider the days I cant fetch water.:(
In some way I kind of enjoy doing it. It's quite meditative.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Yesterday I carted 900 litres / 200 gallons of water. It took 4.5 hours of 3 loads.
I've only done one today and should go and get the second now.
I have to consider the days I cant fetch water.:(
In some way I kind of enjoy doing it. It's quite meditative.

I have a vague memory of a story someone told about a visit to Africa; the women in a particular village had to walk a long distance of several miles every day to obtain water. Some smart person came along and decided he could make their lives easier by building a pipeline system to deliver the water so they would no longer have to take this very long walk.

The pipeline was built and the water delivery began, but then there were problems. They kept finding the new waterline with breaks in it. After a while it was discovered that the women were sabotaging it; they hadn't wanted to be delivered from their long walks because of the serenity of getting away from home for a while each day.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ahhh and still we women try for that these days in our lives no matter where we live .peace and serenity

Jed

Reaction score
That's an interesting story. A friend of mine is trying to solve my problem. He doesn't understand I've done this water carrying 3 times before over the past 25 years and though tedious, I can put up with it and in some weird way, enjoy doing it. I think I now know why Chanell.
I'm escaping all the other chores that need doing and also collecting water in a quiet beautiful spot away from my house.
Except for the buzz of mosquitoes from time to time.:eek: :)

Ask a Question