Any tips for beginners regarding vegetable gardening?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Different world, I have a 200 litre butt on the patio that the roof feeds into, the overflow from that feeds into another halfway down the garden, and the overflow from that to a third at the bottom of the garden. In addition I have a 200 litre but which is fed from the greenhouse roof, the overflow from that feeds a 100 litre butt by the greenhouse door. I have another 100 litre butt I acquired recently, that's going into the corner of the smaller greenhouse, but I haven't got there yet.. Close to the house we have flower beds and a pond, then the two greenhouses and vegetable beds, and at the end of the garden is a full grown oak, about seventy foot tall, with cyclamen and daffodils under it and an area off to the side for composting and all my collection of stuff that might be handy.

Reaction score
Country
France
Greetings Oliver,
That's what i like to hear "Someone on a gardening forum who is trying to move with the times,
We all know water is important and if "like your good self " have done something to at least try to grow your own likes !!!
Then i take my hat off to you, Well done ,

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Family,
I want answers of following questions:
  1. What are some easy-to-grow vegetables for beginners?
  2. How can beginners create a simple and cost-effective composting system for their vegetable garden?
  3. What are the common mistakes to avoid when starting a vegetable garden for the first time?
1) tomato, peas, carrots, lettuce
2) pile far end of backyard
3) consider your seed vendor, dont bombard seedlings with 100% sun right away

Overall I’d recommend a podcast: two gays in the garden (Spotify) they walk you through it. Might be helpful.

Ask a Question