All About Anemones

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My fall Anemones bloom and mix in with the blooms of my Yellow Wax Bells.
IMG_7542.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
i'm learning that anemone aka windflowers are dispersed through the wind, thus the name.
So your saying, the seeds are dispersed through the wind? I have a huge clump of them, they been there and expanded within their area for the past 20 years. While I do not mulch about them, I have not seen any of their dispersed seeds in any other part of that bed they are in. Just saying.

flowerandbulb

flower and bulb
Reaction score
Country
United States
So your saying, the seeds are dispersed through the wind? I have a huge clump of them, they been there and expanded within their area for the past 20 years. While I do not mulch about them, I have not seen any of their dispersed seeds in any other part of that bed they are in. Just saying.
what kind of anemone? post a pic pls!

flowerandbulb

flower and bulb
Reaction score
Country
United States
ok i just used my app to identify it. it calls it "poppy anemone" a species of windflower. in addition it say that the best way to propogate these fellows are through "crown division and root tuber separation".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
ok i just used my app to identify it. it calls it "poppy anemone" a species of windflower. in addition it say that the best way to propogate these fellows are through "crown division and root tuber separation".
Really? For the ones I posted, the white one it came in a bag of odd shaped brown bulbs, of which I planted. The pink ones are actually plants in a pot from the nursery, only took one pot years ago, they spread well, but in that little area. My thing is I rarely mulch, so I can see new babies coming up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jero1072

Latest Threads