Acer shirasawanum moonrise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4 minutes ago
Not sure what happens with me and acers, but I always seem to kill them. This latest one was bought about 2 months ago, I was careful to choose the recommended compost and bought a large planter for it. I put it near a wall where it would get some protection from wind and the sun would not be on it all day ( but it would still have a good few hours sun each day). Initially it seemed to be doing well but now the leaves seem to be drooping ( although not falling off) . I fed it about a week ago with some fish, blood & bone fertiliser but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference. What am I going wrong? I put a thin layer of bark on the soil surface

Attachments

• C9FF08F7-E784-451E-B618-953BB7575B1B.jpeg
    C9FF08F7-E784-451E-B618-953BB7575B1B.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 76
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I have just been away for a few days. Apparently it was sunny at home whilst I was away. When I got home I noticed that my acer's leaves are looking good, much less droopy. We'd had really wet miserable weather until then, perhaps it just needed some sun!

Ask a Question