A shipped antheruem chrystalinum root rot?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I just ordered this plant from etsy. It's an antheruem chrystalinum. I'm pretty new to collecting and this is my first time buying online. I've seen care videos online, but would like to share photos to get opinions. Again, no expert here, but this is a bit of root rot isn't it? What do you recommend I do to get it thriving? It was only in the mail for two days.
I talked to the seller and they didnt raise any alarm bells, but looking for other experienced collectors to give their opinion
Thank you,
Gavin

Attachments

• 20210929_151043.jpg
    20210929_151043.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

Some of the roots look white and firm, others do look somewhat discolored. This might be the beginning of rot, but it may be reversible at this stage. I would now plant your Anthurium crystallinum and begin to give it the best care you can. Plant in well-draining soil and water regularly. Place the pot in bright light on a humid environment with some air circulation. Fertilize regularly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

Some of the roots look white and firm, others do look somewhat discolored. This might be the beginning of rot, but it may be reversible at this stage. I would now plant your Anthurium crystallinum and begin to give it the best care you can. Plant in well-draining soil and water regularly. Place the pot in bright light on a humid environment with some air circulation. Fertilize regularly.

Hey Marck,

thanks for the reply. I appreciate the input and I'll make sure sure to do what you mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia2322

Latest Threads