A book

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have a new book out. I think it is the 10 th. one. Children's stories.
Available now at Amazon.https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BLYBK6M8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Copied and pasted your link and I didn't get it, got a connecting cable and books about Amazon, like 'How to redeem Amazon vouchers'.
What age group is it? I am editing a YA fantasy my friend's daughter wrote, good story line, but way too wordy and drifts a bit at times.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's better, worked well that time. Do you self publish? I got fed up with all the palaver of publishing and as I just wanted to get my stories out there and wasn't too worried about making money from them I ended up reading them on YouTube. I have just started in on reading the book I wrote. Our children are inspirational, my daughter used the very first one I recorded, Hunter, for her music degree, she had to compose and record a piece of music to go with a spoken word piece, she got a 1/1 and has gone on to do a masters in music therapy, makes me well proud.
Scroll to the bottom of this page for 'Hunter', like I say it was the first.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
As I said son publishes them for me. I got fed up sending stuff to publishers who never even read the manuscripts. I know they didn't as I used to put a small slip of paper in between pages and it was still there when they were returned.
Sorry, don't do Youtube.
Nice to be able to have a musical accompaniment though. Your daughter sounds very accomplished.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the cold war a German friend told us the story of the old man in the East who wrote to his son in the West "Dear son, I think the Stazi are reading my letters, so I am putting one of my old grey hairs in the envelope, if it is not there you will know it dropped out when they opened it"
His son wrote back, "Don't worry father, I found your hair"
So then the father knew his letters were being opened. :)

Actually I don't know how far in you put the slip, but it is quite normal to make a decision on the first page or two, after all, most people looking at books in a shop only read the first couple of paragraphs before deciding whether or not to buy.
Sorry, don't do Youtube.
Why not? There is a huge amount of stuff there to choose from. Not just 'look at this silly video', but classical books and music, traditional stories, all sorts. It is great for the 'Damn, I can't do this' moments, from fixing the car to accessing the printer. There is someone on there who will talk you through it step by step. Go on, click my link, you might enjoy some of my stories.

Ask a Question