2023 USDA Grow Zone Maps Update Nov 2023

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
I moved from a 6b to 7a. doesnt sound like a lot but if true I get about another month on garden.

That being said It got down to 27 degrees for 3 days the 1st week in may last year

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I moved from a 6b to 7a. doesnt sound like a lot but if true I get about another month on garden.

That being said It got down to 27 degrees for 3 days the 1st week in may last year
In my case, the updated zone maps mean absolutely nothing to my gardening. I rely on experience on what works and doesn't work and experiment to remove the unknown.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I still agree with what I was 10 years ago which is 6b. Maybe 10 years from now I'll say 7a or could it be 6a?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The Spitfires live just down the road from us, I carry my camera nearly all the time but have only managed to film a 30 second video of one in 5 years 😄 Would you like to see it?

The Battle of Britain took place here and they made a film about it using the local area and pub.

We have Agaves growing on the coast as well as palm trees, this shows the plants that grow on the coast here,

If you look closely you can see Tetters sitting on the bench :)
I am understanding more about your greenhouses and prickly hobby!

I would love to see the spitfire video. Here is one of my favorite spitfire clips. Click the link and it takes you to youtube.

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
When I heard the Spitfire coming I got the camera out, put it on full zoom and hit record. Of course, when I held the screen up to the sky I couldn't see a thing so I just followed the sound :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I am understanding more about your greenhouses and prickly hobby!

I would love to see the spitfire video. Here is one of my favorite spitfire clips. Click the link and it takes you to youtube.

I watched the link, brilliant 😁

I flew to Duxford air museum in my brother's plane, he let me drive it for a bit coming back :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
In my case, the updated zone maps mean absolutely nothing to my gardening. I rely on experience on what works and doesn't work and experiment to remove the unknown.
agreed, but if it actually turns out to be the weather trend , all will be good in 7A.

Ask a Question