13 October 2017 Seedling Soil (New Electric Rototiller)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to disappoint you sir but I'm afraid you could not be more wrong.As battery longivity improves petrol engines will be phased out , in the UK there is a government agenda to phase out petrol and diesel engine cars within about 20 years, it will certainly not stop there will it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
IMO as long as politicians have their way any carbon based fuel will cease to exist. Not because of function, power and reliability either. Just because they are convinced of man made climate change. But battery/electric power is not, will not and cannot be the answer. How big would a battery have to be to fly an airliner or to power a semi-truck. And then you still have to use either carbon based fuel or nuclear fuel to recharge the batteries, plus the oil to build them. The answer IMO is a technology not yet fully perfected and that is a hydrogen based fuel. The US military has working prototypes but even hydrogen has its detriments as it produces water vapor as exaust. Imagine millions of hydrogen engines spewing out water all the time. Probably a lot of floods but very few droughts I would assume. Don't believe it? Google darpa hydrogen fuel

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
IMO as long as politicians have their way any carbon based fuel will cease to exist. Not because of function, power and reliability either. Just because they are convinced of man made climate change. But battery/electric power is not, will not and cannot be the answer. How big would a battery have to be to fly an airliner or to power a semi-truck. And then you still have to use either carbon based fuel or nuclear fuel to recharge the batteries, plus the oil to build them. The answer IMO is a technology not yet fully perfected and that is a hydrogen based fuel. The US military has working prototypes but even hydrogen has its detriments as it produces water vapor as exaust. Imagine millions of hydrogen engines spewing out water all the time. Probably a lot of floods but very few droughts I would assume. Don't believe it? Google darpa hydrogen fuel
I completely agree.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to disappoint you sir but I'm afraid you could not be more wrong.As battery longivity improves petrol engines will be phased out , in the UK there is a government agenda to phase out petrol and diesel engine cars within about 20 years, it will certainly not stop there will it.
That govt. agenda is a load of tosh and will have to be rescinded, we don't, and won't, have the generating capacity to power ~ 30m cars, even for commuting, never mind longer journeys.
We're buying most of France's spare power as it is, and if La Nina gives us a cold winter, we're likely to have brown/blackouts.
It's the legacy of throwing all our money at the scam that is "climate change". We could actually afford something worthwhile in terms of the environment, by building half-a-dozen cheap, out-of-town, natural gas generators, to keep petrol-fuelled cars out of cities.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
My Honda rototiller is in for repair, Needs a new carbonator, two years old, out of warrantee. Cost 175 dollars for a new one, since they cannot fix Nobody can fix modern carbonators reliably. They spray and pray. Hence my bitch. Hours on it probably 50. Honda FG 110.

JUNK JUNK JUNK.
FG110_16HPE_01.png

Ask a Question