13 July 2018 Ultra Boy Tomato

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the tomatoes are cleared out at the end of the season, I'll photograph and post pics, if you think thst would be helpful.
Yes please that would be helpful I’m on Wirral so not to far from you looks like we’re getting hosepipe ban as of 5th August :-( how do you apply nutrients ?
Was thinking of setting up a ebb & flow system but keep changing my mind!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
The fish blood and bone and woodash supply initial nutrients and minerals, after first truss has set, I hand feed, with a watering can, liquid extract of seaweed and comfrey, which I infuse in a barrel. Actively aerated compost tea every 2-3 weeks keeps the nutrients and minerals available, again applied by watering can.
It cannot be applied via the barrel, because it would clog the sprinklers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fish blood and bone and woodash supply initial nutrients and minerals, after first truss has set, I hand feed, with a watering can, liquid extract of seaweed and comfrey, which I infuse in a barrel. Actively aerated compost tea every 2-3 weeks keeps the nutrients and minerals available, again applied by watering can.
That’s exactly what I feed all my plants minus fish blood through watering can my greenhouse and conservatory are south facing which most people would say is lucky but brings its own probs ie it can get up to 40c and plants sometimes need watering three times a day hence why I’m going to put some kinda watering system together hopefully on the cheap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
6110D8C6-A675-48FC-A7D9-C71F6DE99F33.jpeg
On the flip side I can still have fresh tomatoes into November in my conservatory these will be my late crop taken off a mother plant

Ask a Question