What's looking good in September 2016

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What is the lovely flower in the second image zigs and the dew shot is lovely.
This is my combo passionfruit vine and wonga wonga vine, the Ornamental grape has been pruned back ready to reburst next autumn. It is September and Spring in this neck of the woods. View attachment 15204
Opium poppy and a lettuce that went to seed :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
New England Asters (both purple and pink)
IMG_2383 copy.jpg

Unsure which type of Aster this is.
IMG_2416 copy.jpg

Frost Aster
IMG_2263 copy.jpg

Great Blue Lobelia
IMG_2403 copy.jpg

Smooth Oxeye
IMG_2393 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
This is a Night-Blooming Jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum) in nearly full bloom. It allows the Nectar Cafe to stay open 24 hours a day, attracting moths (whoa...really big ones) and bats and who knows what else in all that darkness. The fragrance fills the house and the neighborhood. I can almost hear the neighbors saying "where is that smell coming from?" (only in Spanish of course). The flowers are small, light green, slender trumpets that are mostly closed now in the daytime. A full moon really lights up the garden so maybe i can get a good look at what is going on during the next full moon. I don't like to turn the lights on because it makes the visitors a bit frenetic:)
P1020362.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs...say, i like your weeds (looking at the gourd photo). I have some of the same weeds with the same holes in them. What a great looking gourd too, and it looks big. Is it eatable? Can you save the shell, cut the top off, dry it and use it to put things in?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I can almost hear the neighbors saying "where is that smell coming from?" (only in Spanish of course).

de donde viene ese tejón? :D

@zigs...say, i like your weeds (looking at the gourd photo). I have some of the same weeds with the same holes in them. What a great looking gourd too, and it looks big. Is it eatable? Can you save the shell, cut the top off, dry it and use it to put things in?

I can see Spurge, Shamrock and Speedwell there.

Turk's Turban Squash, it's Sis's part of the plot, she eats them, don't really like them myself. Probably could dry the shell :)

Ask a Question