What do you want out of your garden ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I think the main purpose of my garden is to provide vegetables for my family. Other then that I don't see a use for it. I add flowers to the front of my house to give it character as well.
I'm not really the gardener in the house but my husband with his green thumb. You can consider me a fence sitter when it comes to gardening since my main intention is to admire the beauty of the plants and to savor the delicious harvest of fruits and vegetables. It is a different feeling to cook something that was harvested in the garden. Our banana is nearing harvest time - in a week or two - so I am preparing my taste buds for that.

Reaction score
I really want to grow two different varieties of chilies that I know I will never find in the Netherlands unless I grow my own :) Those two are: poblano and chilaca chillies. Those are very popular in the Mexican cuisine. I know I can find jalapeño and serrano chillies n the Netherlands so that is not problem. Additionally I'd also like to grow ''tomatillo'' :) If I can grow those and some herbs I'll feel so accomplished!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I like the feel of plants & not so much grass / lawns

My goal in my flower gardens is to have beauty with low maintenance. For this reason, all of the flowers are perrenials. I have multiple types of hosta, irises, and other perennials that are beautiful, hardy and require little effort to maintain.

The number one goal in my vegetable garden is production. I try to get the most produce out of each plant as possible. Growing seasons for vegetables here are basically May through September, which does not leave a lot of time but it is doable!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have planted cassava, cabbages, potatoes, corn and beans. I have a small area where I have some weeds that I do take to my rabbits. I am planning to plant some some passion fruits and grapes.

Reaction score
I want flowers, I want a lot of beautiful flowers in my garden and I also want an herb garden. I want orchids, roses, sunflowers and lilacs. For my herb garden (which I already have) I have basil, parsley, thyme and rosemary herbs but I want to add some other herbs and maybe some onions, garlic and tomatoes because they're my favorite vegetables. I want beauty and plants for eating in my garden.

Ask a Question