What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
It has been raining all day, so I wasn't able to do much in my garden. Yesterday, however, I trimmed some of the plants because it's looking like a jungle out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I haven't done anything yet, because I had a very busy morning. But I plan to wash my miniature roses today. Awful spider mites attacked them:mad:

Reaction score
It has been raining all day, so I wasn't able to do much in my garden. Yesterday, however, I trimmed some of the plants because it's looking like a jungle out there.
I went out today and picked a lot of my green tomatoes!! I saw an article the other day on slicing them, breading and frying them, and using them as a replacement for the meat in your dinner meal. :) I am not a huge meat lover, so I'm always looking for other ways to jazz up my dinner. I'm excited to try this. I am on a mission!! ;)

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Danyel72 - I don't like meat either. I've been a vegetarian for many years now:D

Like I had planned earlier, I washed all my miniature roses. It will be good for them. I mixed dish soap with water, it should scare off those horrible, always hungry spider mites.

Reaction score
All I did was trim the dead leaves off. The weather is changing and I have tropical plants, so they're starting a look a little sick.
I would bring them inside, but this is Florida and the weather changes every 5 minutes. So it'll be hot again soon.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It rained all day today and a little cool out as the weather is changing, faster than I care for.

Reaction score
Shame on me, it's been a while since I last checked my calla lilies! They're still outside! To be honest it's been a while since I don't even leave my room, lol. My dad waters my plants, so it's ok :) Once I move out get ready to hear about my garden and look at the pics I take of my flowers, girls ;) I'll be gardening a lot!

Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet, because I had a very busy morning. But I plan to wash my miniature roses today. Awful spider mites attacked them:mad:

Oh my, Clauds! What do you use to get rid of those pesky spider mites? Those things are really nasty! They attack my mints often! I'd like to know what you use to get rid of them, it's something organic, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh my, Clauds! What do you use to get rid of those pesky spider mites? Those things are really nasty! They attack my mints often! I'd like to know what you use to get rid of them, it's something organic, right?
I use water and dish soap. This mixture works the best:) You could also try to wash your plants with strong, black tea. I heard that it's a great method, but I haven't tried it yet.

Reaction score
It's poured rain here for a couple of days but Saturday we finished winterizing the hoop house, put three beds to bed for winter, pulled up any remaining pepper plants and picked everything. We dug up the swiss chards to be moved (which are now sitting in a bucket in the hoop house waiting for the ground to dry a bit :unsure: Did some general yard cleaning...and oh yes, I dug up my peanuts. I didn't get too many from that spot as they didn't do that well but every year is a new experiment at my house. I picked those cantaloupe since they weren't going to ripen anyway and will probably paint them or something. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I just checked our amaryllis. I was very delighted because it is flowering again! Pink ones again and very beautiful. :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to burn prunings in between showers, and feeding the sheep in the field next door :D

Reaction score
After several days of storms I've finally been able to get out and clear some the debris caused by the storms - as well as prepare a new area for replacing my purple artichokes that got washed away in the storms last year - I also collected some produce too - tomatoes and peppers to go in the supper tonight, some membrillos for making a jam like paste we eat here with cheese - oh and I harvested many of the nuts from the hazelnut bushes and almond trees - so all in all its been a fairly productive day :)

:oops: nearly forgot I started various cuttings too.

Ask a Question