Tomato plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few different types of tomato plants in my garden. On one type of plan (not sure what it is called) the ants eat all the tomatoes once they turn red! It doesn't happen on my other types, just this specific variety of tomato. Has anyone had this happen? I found that I have to pick them right before they turn red and let them sit on my widow sit until they ripen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't grow any food plants at my place since we have numerous squirrels and wild rabbits in the area. They got to them first, and ate everything, including bulb flowers :(

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I transplanted tomatoes couple of days ago. Usually, I plant one variety of tomato. However, I have another variety of tomato in my garden,it is a local variety of tomato and has the size of marble, which grows from the seeds dropped from previous season. In my experience,some varieties of tomatoes are sweater than other. Anything that is sweet will be liked by ants.

Ask a Question