Stuffed Mushrooms and types to use?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Everyone has their own preferential taste, and I'm not going to try and sway you - most of the time, I dice them finely and the onions I will be using too for many different meals.

Also, mushrooms go very good in soups and stews when done like this, they add nice flavor and you can still tell they were mushrooms, but they taste NOTHING like it anymore. Another good way for people who had the taste(or consistency) of shrooms to still enjoy them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Neither could I, Claud. I always left that up to professionals (Truffles) and just bought store ones or planted my own portabellas or button shrooms. They always seem to do the trick. Sometimes I like buying Shiitake mushrooms in large quantities for stews. They taste wonderful simmering for hours.
I always buy my mushrooms in a store. They aren't very fresh, but at least they're safe to eat:) I think I'd try to grow button shrooms, but I don't have enough space in my apartment:(
Today, I saw mun mushrooms in a supermarket, but I didn't dare to buy them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
All I do is buy organic from the local grocery store too. I also handpick them and look them over in considerable detail to make sure they're ones I want to use/buy. If I could grow them in my apartment already, I would. As it is, I'll be starting a fungal farm this spring inside the neighbor's shed.

Ask a Question