Small Mint leaves... (grown from seed)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Hey guys.. so i have been growing spearmint from seed for the last few months.. I started them in those seed pods with the little plastic green house thingy... water in the container that absorbs through the pods, and a heat mat under the "green house" to keep them warm due to the AC thats on... i have a grow light on them set for about 12 hours...

i transplanted them to a larger pot about a month ago, put a Plastic bottle over them so i could reduce the humidity they were used to slowly, so they didnt go into shock. but the leaves are sooo small.. i would guess the size of a blunt pencil tip and the stem the size of pencil lead... Tiny!

i cant even prune them cause i accidentally just cut the whole plant.

they get a liquid fertilizer once a week...

They are also growing quite Vine like. I think one of them was about 2 inches long. but this tiny scrawny thing...

what am i doing wrong?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Some "grow lights" don't have enough lumens to satisfy a growing plant. Go brighter, not longer.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Mint is basically impossible to kill. If it's not doing well, you can assume there is something that needs changing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
its about... id say 5-6 inches above. Its one that i found at walmart, next to those plastic green house things.

Ask a Question