Shredder?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I sometimes wonder what are grand fathers did when half the modern tools we have today do so much,

One of the best tools i have bought was a mini tractor, "Nothing like the big tractors the farmers use but one that can Plough / Lift up the shredding machine/ A metal box/ a grass cutting device/ and has the connection for driving the shredding machine, these small mini Tractors are really worth thinking about if your a serious gardener and want to save a lot of time and make life a lot easier, They do not cost the earth, (I bought a used one)
I will be using the shredding machine as soon as i have pruned all the Various trees/shrubs and this again is both a form of compost/Humus and a mulch for putting at the base of the fruit trees, helps keep the weeds down and the tree roots moist,
I like a tiller that can pull a seed groove or cover one. Other than that the option for rotation direction is big for me.

Reaction score
Country
France
We didn't have Electric or Phone until around 2000.

Didn't even think about them. Now have Electric and Smart Phones and enjoy them very much.

big rockpile
To be honest nothing gets my butt but seeing the art of talking to each other going down the pan when i see people walking around with a mobile welded to their ear walking through the streets,
And you can thank the inter/net for so much crime and cruel acts on animals,

No give me the peace perfect peace life style i live, anytime.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest nothing gets my butt but seeing the art of talking to each other going down the pan when i see people walking around with a mobile welded to their ear walking through the streets,
Those people are talking to each other, they have extended their communication to times when they are not with each other, they talk to each other all the time. They probably feel sorry for the poor people who walk down the street on their own with no phone and no one to talk to. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our Daughter came visiting and said she couldn't believe we enjoyed our life.

One time she said nobody does Factory work.

But she was fast to borrow money and not pay it back as promised.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So, we finally broke down and bought a shredder. We don't have much by way of leaves to deal with - besides, the wind and some unknown soul a long way from us usually takes care of most of what we do have to. So, we are only left with a quick blower and lawnmower job. But we do have prunings from roses that grow like crazy, some shrubs, dinner plate hibiscus, and other miscellaneous stuff. Got tired of cutting and stuffing them into multiple bags, plus the rose thorns are a pain. So we got a Sun Joe CJ603E. It does a great job for what we need and chops stuff down to an inch so long - in fact very short pieces will fall right through sometimes - so we can fill a whole lot less bags with ease. It's not for leaves by any stretch of the imagination. It doesn't make mulch. It's just for volume reduction for disposing of prunings up to about 1 3/4 inches thick. It's not super fast but perfect for what it's designed for. Nothing like the monster we used to have (and needed) down in Oregon, but cost less than $200. It's well made, robust, easy to maneouver and takes up storage space. An excellent special single purpose tool.

Ask a Question