Rosemary

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok so it was eating me alive so I dug out some bigger pots. Hopefully they will start to look better.

Is it possible that my rosemary is getting too much sun? Its not in real big pots and I have been watering it almost everyday because the soil is just so dry
I don't think I should have to be watering it so often

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here they are after repotting
20150613_104334.jpg

Ok so it was eating me alive so I dug out some bigger pots. Hopefully they will start to look better.

Reaction score
You'd be better off getting some rosemary cuttings, they propagate so easily this way. I have heard doing it from seed is a hard task, so why don't you just get some cuttings? I am sure you might know someone who has cutting or you can always start out with an adult plant. The other day I saw adult plants being sold at the grocery store.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Someone told me that rosemary can take a year to mature and it is best grown in a pot you can bring inside. Is there any truth to this? I know that it does take a while, but does it take a whole year? Should a put it in a larger pot or is a small starter pot okay? I have the seeds, I just don't know where to plant them for the best growth.
I have a rosemary bush that we rescued from a dumpster after Christmas 3 years ago. Someone had bought it as an ornamental holiday plant and discarded it after the holidays. Poor thing was half dead and had a serious case of root bind. We took it home and planted it in the ground beside our house. I live in South Carolina so the winters are not to terribly harsh although we did have an ice storm and several hard freezes in the time that it has been planted. It is doing spectacular and to tell you the truth, it has been the hardiest plant I have ever had. Depending on where you live and the harshness of your winters will determine whether or not it needs to be mobile to bring indoors during extreme weather.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It might be better and easier to get a plant that is already grown. I buy a lot of "baby plants" from the grocery store. I find that Rosemary is one of the easiest plants to keep alive. I don't take too much watering and the leaves don't dry up like many of my other plants.
I purchased an already planted plant from Whole Foods several months ago and I still have it. It hasn't grown much over the time but it provides just enough leaves for my cooking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have grown rosemary in pot throughout the summer and they are easy to grow. I haven't put them in the ground but I know other neighbors did. They have no complaints so I am sure yours will do just fine.

Ask a Question