Pomegranates won't blossom

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted 2 pomegranate bushes 3 years ago and another 2 the year after. They are pretty bushes, but they've never once bloomed. The tags are now missing, but I know they aren't ornamental. I live in the Oklahoma City area, and they have leafed out. The two tallest ones are about 6-1/2' tall, and they look healthy. Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I planted 2 pomegranate bushes 3 years ago and another 2 the year after. They are pretty bushes, but they've never once bloomed. The tags are now missing, but I know they aren't ornamental. I live in the Oklahoma City area, and they have leafed out. The two tallest ones are about 6-1/2' tall, and they look healthy. Thanks for any input.
What has probably happened is that these trees are on their own roots. If this is the case, and they are not grafted, it will take a few more years for them to mature enough to reproduce. And reproducing means fruiting. For a pomegranate figure on about 7-9 years for an own root tree.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
Netherlands
they're either immature or too healthy.

flowering is a stress response in most trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Did you buy them commercially - retail from a store or nursery, or did you get them else where?

Ask a Question