IMG_8886.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Am I doing it right? Lol
That's how you do it if you didn't plant the seeds too deep. But by using peat pots you will have to water more often. You can tell when you have to water if the top of the soil becomes dry. If it does mist heavily with a spray bottle. Keep the top of the soil moist. That is why I don't like peat pots for seed starting, the evaporation. Keep them around 78F and they should sprout within a week. As soon as they all sprout remove the saran wrap and place in a very sunny and warm area and water from the bottom up. If you water from the top do it very gently so as not to disturb the soil around the plant. Also sprinkle cinnamon or better yet horticultural cornmeal on the soil surface to stop damping off fungus.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's how you do it if you didn't plant the seeds too deep. But by using peat pots you will have to water more often. You can tell when you have to water if the top of the soil becomes dry. If it does mist heavily with a spray bottle. Keep the top of the soil moist. That is why I don't like peat pots for seed starting, the evaporation. Keep them around 78F and they should sprout within a week. As soon as they all sprout remove the saran wrap and place in a very sunny and warm area and water from the bottom up. If you water from the top do it very gently so as not to disturb the soil around the plant. Also sprinkle cinnamon or better yet horticultural cornmeal on the soil surface to stop damping off fungus.

Ty and you're right they do dry out quick! Also one more question is this enough light for my seedlings? Most have sprouted excepted the covered ones.

Attachments

• IMG_9125.JPG
    IMG_9125.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 235
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ty and you're right they do dry out quick! Also one more question is this enough light for my seedlings? Most have sprouted excepted the covered ones.
I am clueless about artificial light. If the seedlings start to become skinny, weak looking and too tall then you know your don't have enough light.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use 4’ T5 lights for tomatoes and peppers and they do great. You may end up with strange or deficient plants unless you really know what you’re doing with the different color spectrums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hey you all I am feeling very discouraged. Today my seedlings leaves look like they are curling and dying! I have no clue why!!! Is this a disease??

Attachments

• IMG_9219.JPG
    IMG_9219.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_9220.JPG
    IMG_9220.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_9221.JPG
    IMG_9221.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_9222.JPG
    IMG_9222.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 248
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They are reaching for light. When they do this they become top heavy and fall over. On the first picture the seedling on the right might possibly have damping off but I can't be sure from the picture. If the seedlings base, where it comes out of the soil is thinner than the rest of the stalk it is damping off. If you have damping off it is probably too late to do anything but to stop a seedling from getting it sprinkle whole ground or horticultural cornmea around the base of the plant. Cinnamon also works but not as good. The main thing is getting them more light.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
These are topping over like you said Chuck top heavy. I guess it's time to buy better lights

Attachments

• IMG_9269.JPG
    IMG_9269.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 249

Ask a Question