Noni

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
When we were kids my mother had a tree. She would scrape off its bark and make a decoction to ease bil iousness. She warned us that the fruits were poisonous and not to be touched or eaten. That was the story of bygone days. But not any more. Thanks to the Internet I now know a lot about this tree and I have a few here in my garden.

Fermented noni juice is sold and is recognised the world over as a fruit that is packed with goodness. I have not tasted it and neither will I eat those fruits that have a stink. But cuckoos simply love that fruit and are seen around out trees every single day.

nonicuckoo.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-06-01-12h06m15s566.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I've not seen the tree before, thanks. (y)

When we were in Indonesia I used the Noni fruit leather in a bandage on a wound on my leg. It seemed to help it clear up.

We also ate the edible fruit leather. I seem to remember that we had that in Indonesia, Malaysia and Hawaii. (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I've not seen the tree before, thanks. (y)

When we were in Indonesia I used the Noni fruit leather in a bandage on a wound on my leg. It seemed to help it clear up.

We also ate the edible fruit leather. I seem to remember that we had that in Indonesia, Malaysia and Hawaii. (y)
There are claims that Noni fermented juice keeps diabetes in control. A search will get you a million or more pages.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never tried noni juice, but I heard it's very, very healthy:) What does it taste like?
Your cuckoos look very cute, Grouie:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I've never tried noni juice, but I heard it's very, very healthy:) What does it taste like?
Your cuckoos look very cute, Grouie:)
I too have not tasted the juice but the ripe fruit stinks.

Reaction score
Is that the noni fruit?? Weren't they using that fruit to make that ''miraclous'' juice some years back? My mom used to buy bottles of that stuff, the makers of that juice even claimed the juice helped fight cancer :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Is that the noni fruit?? Weren't they using that fruit to make that ''miraclous'' juice some years back? My mom used to buy bottles of that stuff, the makers of that juice even claimed the juice helped fight cancer :eek:

You are right. The juice is good for many things.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
There was a time that noni fruit was touted to cure many diseases. A neighbor of my brother in law planted several noni trees in the vacant lot. When the trees started bearing fruits after some years, the hype on the noni had died. That neighbor was left with trees that has no value at all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
There was a time that noni fruit was touted to cure many diseases. A neighbor of my brother in law planted several noni trees in the vacant lot. When the trees started bearing fruits after some years, the hype on the noni had died. That neighbor was left with trees that has no value at all.
I quite understand that. There was hype about aloe vera too and I was distributing for a company in the US. Now no one talks about it in the manner they did that time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I saw noni juice at a store yesterday, but I didn't buy it, because it was very expensive. It costed around $10 for a really small bottle:confused:
Instead, I bought black currant juice:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
There's still a good market for it in Brazil. (y) I was out there recently and saw a lot of it.

That neighbor was left with trees that has no value at all.

All trees have value. :)

They're wonderful for sitting under in the summer sunshine.
They breed a brilliant habitat for small wildlife.
They're a place for the birds to sit whilst singing their lovely songs.
A mature tree can provide an environment for children to climb or to hang a swing from - or both.
The leaves can provide good mulch and manure for the garden.
They can help oxygenate the air.
They can provide inspiration for scientific thoughts. (Newton)
I can think of many more but I guess you'd get fed up. :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I saw noni juice at a store yesterday, but I didn't buy it, because it was very expensive. It costed around $10 for a really small bottle:confused:
Instead, I bought black currant juice:D
The fruits just fall off. They have to be fermented and go through a process before the juice is bottled. We do not do any of that/

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
There's still a good market for it in Brazil. (y) I was out there recently and saw a lot of it.

All trees have value. :)

They're wonderful for sitting under in the summer sunshine.
They breed a brilliant habitat for small wildlife.
They're a place for the birds to sit whilst singing their lovely songs.
A mature tree can provide an environment for children to climb or to hang a swing from - or both.
The leaves can provide good mulch and manure for the garden.
They can help oxygenate the air.
They can provide inspiration for scientific thoughts. (Newton)
I can think of many more but I guess you'd get fed up. :D
These fruits are the favourite of cuckoos and they come to our garden every single day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I quite understand that. There was hype about aloe vera too and I was distributing for a company in the US. Now no one talks about it in the manner they did that time.

We have aloe vera in our garden. My husband planted it when I complained of thinning hair. He did some experiments with the aloe vera flesh that is succulent. It was crushed and mixed with coconut milk and fermented to become salve or ointment. But that did not cure my thinning hair so he abandoned it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
We have aloe vera in our garden. My husband planted it when I complained of thinning hair. He did some experiments with the aloe vera flesh that is succulent. It was crushed and mixed with coconut milk and fermented to become salve or ointment. But that did not cure my thinning hair so he abandoned it.
I too have these plants. They do cure tooth ache instantlyi and also burn injuries. About the other claims which run into pages I am not sure how effective they are.

Ask a Question