My miniature indoor greenhouse

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Some time ago, I bought a lovely, small greenhouse. We keep it in our kitchen, on a table. Here is a picture of it:

20151110_091647.jpg

I tried to grow basil in it, but it didn't work out, so now I grow miniature ivy:) As you can see, it looks healthy.

20151110_091657.jpg

I love, love, love my miniature greenhouse!:love:

20151110_091720.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! I bought it in Ikea. It wasn't very expensive. As far as I remember, it costed around 50 zł, which is $12.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like your greenhouse. I wonder if it would work trying to grow African Violets, I love the plant but have so much trouble growing it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful plants they do look very healthy.

Reaction score
A miniature indoor greenhouse is a nice choice to place your plants if your have a small space like if you are living in an apartment or condominium. You can grow anything from this kind of greenhouse like herbs, fruits and vegetables. And during your free time you can decorate your greenhouse so that your house will looks more beautiful. Anyway your greenhouse is co cute! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Claudine...virtual hug for you!!! This is the kind of thing I have been looking for forever to propagate seeds and cuttings in. I looked everywhere, local garden shops, Lowes, Home Depot, nothing practical that I could use. Then you come along and post this picture of a cute little greenhouse that sits neatly on top of a table! I looked and the Ikea near me has the exact same one for $19.99. Looks like a little road trip in store for me. Thanks Claudine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Pat - Thank you:) To be honest, I don't think it would work for African Violets. As far as I know, they don't like high humidity.
ReadmeByAmy - Thank you! I love my little greenhouse, it definitely makes my kitchen look more beautiful:love:
Java Guy - always happy to help:) This is a really great greenhouse, I honestly recommend it:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's very cute! I've seen miniature greenhouses and terrariums in other peoples' homes but have never had one. Ikea is a fun store. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you, Beth_B. And that's true, Ikea is a fun store, it always surprises me, I absolutely love shopping there:)

Ask a Question