Looking for courtyard walls ideas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I live on 4 acres of open hilly land surrounded by woods. we are landscaping the backyard and although we love the open feel, we also would like to create an area a bit more private, some sort of a cozy courtyard
The courtyard would include the new pond we are about to start building, a sitting area with a small fire pit, at least the back of the log style chicken coop, and some flowerbeds to tie it all in..... what would you use to fence it in?

If you have a private, closed up courtyard please share photos

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh oh..I'm thinking perhaps I should've posted this in "Landscaping and Garden design"?
smscared2.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You could use bamboos which let in light and not so invasive as Leylandii!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good luck Gemma; your choice is huge but I'd agree with alp regarding not using Leylandii; I've only just removed an 100' long x 8' tall Leylandii hedge and am glad to see the back of it; I also removed a 40' long x 8' tall Snowberry hedge; again I would avoid Snowberry because it's highly invasive.

Here are a few ideas to get you started; I hope they help;

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/klokahi/courtyard-privacy-screens/?lp=true

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi,

Good luck Gemma; your choice is huge but I'd agree with alp regarding not using Leylandii; I've only just removed an 100' long x 8' tall Leylandii hedge and am glad to see the back of it; I also removed a 40' long x 8' tall Snowberry hedge; again I would avoid Snowberry because it's highly invasive.

Here are a few ideas to get you started; I hope they help;

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/klokahi/courtyard-privacy-screens/?lp=true

Kind regards, Colin.
Thanks for posting this link @Colin,lets see what hubby thinks about all those ideas

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, weaved willow fence does add a bit of rustic feel to the area and can be put up quickly and if you're fed up with it, easily removed.

Ask a Question