Not looking good.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, if the path holds true to projection models......looks like we will take an almost direct hit from Hurricane Michael........BUMMER......

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I am hoping that like most projections, this one is wrong, or at least a bit off. Please stay safe as you can, evacuate if needed, and know that we are all worried about you and all those in the path of Michael.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We are heading out in the morning. Wanted to go today, but couldn't get approval early enough. Hope to go early to beat traffic. We are West of PCB, on the other side of the bay from Destin. Still well in the cone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
No generator.......all sold out here, until Michael blows through......when 98% of them, along with 85% of panic-bought bottled water, will be returned for refund......"Normal hurricane preparedness protocol".
Wanna borrow mine? Montgomery is not far for me

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We are heading out in the morning. Wanted to go today, but couldn't get approval early enough. Hope to go early to beat traffic. We are West of PCB, on the other side of the bay from Destin. Still well in the cone.

Oh, dear! Hope you all keep safe!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We ended up leaving last night. Got a few hours down the road just to stay ahead of traffic. Now I just keeping thinking about the plants I'm gonna lose if it gets windy or heavy rain. Mother nature is determined I will not have a carrot crop this fall!

Stay safe DfD. Sounds like your prepared probably better than most.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We ended up leaving last night. Got a few hours down the road just to stay ahead of traffic. Now I just keeping thinking about the plants I'm gonna lose if it gets windy or heavy rain. Mother nature is determined I will not have a carrot crop this fall!

Stay safe DfD. Sounds like your prepared probably better than most.
Good time for a vacation. Go have some fun and relieve the stress

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! This sounds serious

'Get out before it's too late': Mass evacuations ordered as 'monstrous' Hurricane Michael strengthens to a Category 2 amid fears it will be the 'worst ever' when it strikes parts of Florida tonight with 111 mph winds
  • Hurricane Michael strengthened into a Category 2 storm with top wind speeds of 110 mph on Tuesday
  • Michael was located about 395 miles south of Panama City, Florida
  • Mandatory evacuation orders went into effect Tuesday for some 120,000 people
  • Florida Governor Rick Scott called Michael a 'monstrous hurricane' and declared a state of emergency for 35 Florida counties from the Panhandle to Tampa Bay
  • Georgia governor Nathan Deal has also declared a state of emergency in 92 counties
  • Forecasters said it could potentially be the most powerful storm to strike the Panhandle in at least a decade
  • Michael could make landfall Wednesday as a Category 3 hurricane with sustained winds of at least 111 mph

Source

Hope you're well prepared if you live in the path!

Ask a Question