United States
IMG_6182_zpsgytcrma1.jpg~original
[/URL]

Thanks for looking!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Awww, cute! Now for the questions from someone who hasn't had "inside" birds, but does have chickens.
Do you have a special food for when Cheerio is a chick and fledgling? We have starter feed for our chickens, and then they graduate to adult feed.
Do you have to monitor temperature? We have to keep the chicks at a certain temperature, then slowly lower it until we reach ambient temperature.
Cheerio is so colorful, and I am so ignorant about pet birds. What breed is he--parrot, budgie?
It would seem that Cheerio has found a great home, and I hope you have many happy years together!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Yes. I have special baby food which I feed him from a syringe 3 times a day. He's starting to learn how to eat.

You do need to monitor temperature until they are fully feathered. My room isn't ever cold, so he is fine.

He is a lovebird, which is technically a parrot.

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh my goodness. He is adorable. He looks so happy and curious. :) Lovebird or another conure, or are they the same thing?

I'm not a bird person either. Do birds go through a snotty challenging adolescent phase like dogs do?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I'm excited to follow his journey as he grows - I'm hoping you'll keep us updated with more pictures!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
So precious:love: I like the name Cheerio and it seems to suit him because he appears such a happy little bird and the peach face is starting to feather out. So sweet. I will look forward to photos/videos as he grows.:)(y)

Ask a Question