Introducing My New Ivy!

Reaction score
I got this little guy today and know nothing about Ivy--

Do you have advice for growing him as an indoor plant?

Attachments

• DSC06805.JPG
    DSC06805.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 493
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I really like the way that plant looks! I don't have any advice, quite a newbie, but I wish you the best of luck! Keep us updated on how it's doing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's such a cute, little Ivy, I love it!:) Growing it indoors shouldn't be difficult, I think. I don't know much about Ivies, but I'm pretty sure that they don't need a lot of sun and they grow rather fast.
I used to grow one in a hanging basket, it looked lovely!:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I got this little guy today and know nothing about Ivy--

Do you have advice for growing him as an indoor plant?
Just put him in a bright window and something to climb on and keep him moist but not wet in a well drained pot. Fertilize about once a month

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Once the ivy starts growing, you can easily make new starts and root them, and then you can move the whole thing to a larger hanging basket, and you will have a beautiful hanging basket of ivy.
I have some, but mine is growing outside, and it rambles along the fence, and along the ground. I am going to cut some of the ends off soon, and root them, and then start some new ones further along the fence where there isn't any ivy.
If I can get it to cover most of my fence in the back yard, eventually, it will look like a 4' tall hedge around the yard. That will take a while, but as it grows, it will look more private out back a little bit more every year.

Ask a Question