How many of you would ....

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
It is now legal to have two marijuana plants growing on our property for personal use.However the law is not clear cut, I have seen occasions where persons have been charge for growing it. Living in a community where alot of the young boys view smoking weed or ganja as we call it the initial state of becoming a man, as left me a foul dislike for it. With all the other issues I have to contend with in my garden such as goats, chicken or persons passing by I think I will stay far, far, far away from marijuana.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
what a question. LOL. it is certainly on the way bottom of my list for things to do, or even think to about. Just visited Washington state where it is legal, right in the common way, at a cute bunch of store areas there were folks passing the joint around. you could smell it in the air. this would be likened to my lack of interest in growing a veggie garden, ---I will let the Amish do it, and buy from them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
"Medical" <cough> marijuana is legal here now too, and there are grow shops all over the place. I haven't a clue what the requirements for growing it are, though. I grew it a LONG time ago, and in fact my mother, old hippie that she is, used to grow it for extra money because we were really poor. I was a kid and asked why our "tomatoes" (that's what she told us they were) never got any, you know, tomatoes on them. :D She'd say something vague about them being sick plants; I figured it out years later, hey those weren't actually tomatoes! :whistle:

I'm all for complete legalization, mind you....even though the last time I smoked weed was in the late 1980s. :) But I have no problem with it for either medical or recreational use; I am glad it's becoming legal.
No interest in growing it though.
Back in April someone on this thread brought up the risk factor - of having people breaking in and stealing if they know you're growing. Valid point really. I live adjacent to a very crime-ridden city (Flint MI) and I certainly wouldn't want it known that I was growing weed here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I know of several persons who tried growing marijuana. Weed is freely sold in the underground market in Baguio City, a summer resort city where local and foreign tourists abound all year long. The seeds are easy to grow they said. But the problem is the legality, they can be jailed for growing marijuana. One friend grew a plant on their roof deck garden. It was pretty safe. He was able to make a good harvest. Another planted in a post inside his bedroom. It grew although the marijuana plant was not that healthy.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I lived in California my ex planted some in my garden without my knowledge. When I found out I was afraid my home would be raided by the cops. I had him pull up just to give me peace of mind. I do not think I would grow the plant for fear of people coming into my yard to take as much of the plant they could get away with. My area is safe but everything changes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Serbia
I would. i know that and i also think it is very stupid not make it legal. It would be good for economy. People would open shops and make plantations. Less criminal rate for sure and less violence because, let's face it. You do not see a violent man smoking marijuana. I don't know, i feel my country is too rigid and simple for this things to happen but you never know. We are going in a better direction, so say the politicians.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It is illegal in our place but as a person in the medical world, I am well informed of its many uses and wonders although it is regulated in most states and other places and access to its use is for emergencies and a few who are knowledgeable of its use but still people do get addicted by it in most areas and so it is a no no to produce it in a number of places. I for one am open to planting this but only if I am allowed to do so. So, while I am not allowed to plant it here and to prevent myself from getting in trouble, then I better plant those things that are allowed to be planted here in my area. Happy planting and keep safe always everyone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Cannabis is not addicting. That's a myth perpetuated by those who are against it's use. Far less dangerous than tobacco or alcohol. Medical advantages are enormous.

Reaction score
If I could legally grow marijuana, I would do it with pleasure. Marijuana is not a bad thing to me at all. I don't mind the idea of using it, though it's not something I could use for myself. My boyfriend is a regular user and can legally grow, but due to me not having my medical recommendation, he could not grow living under the same roof as me.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes it is just okay to plant but we are limited to the fact if it is legal to do so in a particular area and if it is only legal in my area, then perhaps I would plant some because it does help with some ailments and conditions but the only danger is that if it is abused then that would be a totally different thing altogether and this is the reason why it is banned in a lot area like how we are prohibited in ours. I though know of certain areas here that do grow this crop and they operate silently because of fear that they will be misunderstood and then get in trouble because of this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yes it is just okay to plant but we are limited to the fact if it is legal to do so in a particular area and if it is only legal in my area, then perhaps I would plant some because it does help with some ailments and conditions but the only danger is that if it is abused then that would be a totally different thing altogether and this is the reason why it is banned in a lot area like how we are prohibited in ours. I though know of certain areas here that do grow this crop and they operate silently because of fear that they will be misunderstood and then get in trouble because of this.

PURE IGNORANCE

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Not rude at all. Just stating a fact. The same old propaganda regarding cannabis has been circulating around for decades. The reality is that many thousands of people could be helped by the medicinal effects of cannabis if people could just get past the old ignorance. The list of disease processes and symptoms that cannabis can play a positive role in are as long as your arm. Everyone should have choice of complete free access to this wonderful plant. And I'm a medical person by the way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just because you feel you are right about something doesn't mean you can be rude, it's just not nice. It is widely accepted that typing in capitals is the online equivalent of shouting... would you shout 'PURE IGNORANCE' in conversation if you disagreed with someone? Probably not - because it would be rude, hence my post ;)

Reaction score
Yeah I'd grow my own weed if it was legal but not for the money though. I've been an avid gardener for most of my life and I like the idea of growing my own strains and what not just like the way you grow roses or sunflowers. I'd like to put my own special mark/signature on the plant the way some dealers call theirs purple kush or whatever I'd call my strain dandy severs and make it so the high would last longer.

Ask a Question