How do you store your seeds?

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I wish I had a basement! Unfortunately, there aren't any houses with basements in Southern California. I do have a crawl space which stays pretty cool, and my husband bought me this fancy tin!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 265
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
I mostly use paper to wrap them, I always place them in a wooden box so it can last for a long while since these wouldn't be in contact with anything else than just the wood. I do not really know anything about the best ways to store seeds, but I do not really think that matters way too much, that's my opinion though.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
A nice method to store seeds is to mix them with wood ash and then tie them with a polythene bag. This deters fungi and other pests. One has to make sure that the seeds are dry before doing this. Enclosing with additional polythene bags creates a barrier preventing air from entering suffocating any insect pests that might spoil the seeds. They should always be kept in a cool dry place.

Ask a Question