Hello from Tennessee!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
Hello to all my fellow gardeners. I live and garden in Tennessee. (Zone 7) I am a happy camper these days because it is nearly planting time here. We generally do not plant anything outdoors here until the beginning of May, so a late frost doesn't get our plants!

My main focus with my gardening is tomatoes. There is nothing as good to me as a beautiful homegrown tomato. Last year, my best performers were of the Black Krim variety, so I am going to plant several of those this year. I try to stagger my types planted so that I have early, mid-season, and late-season tomatoes.

I also enjoy growing peppers, squash, okra, and all kinds of herbs.

I love meeting new people and enjoy hanging out with other gardeners.

I'm happy to be here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)Welcome Mojo11! I'm happy you are here. This is truly a friendly community where people can share information, ideas, experiences, etc., and also where gardeners of all varieties are supportive of one another, polite, and spread out all over the world. There is a lot of activity going on here. It is a great place to be a gardener.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
I am so happy to have found this forum! I have been busily looking around for stinkbug remedies. My tomatoes really got hurt by them badly late in the season last year, and I deal harshly with those who ruin my tomatoes. From what I am seeing, it looks like many people had the same problem in 2015.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Hey there and welcome to the forums! I really want to get more into tomato growing this year too. We have only grown cherry tomatoes in the past, and they have really thrived here - but I would like to branch out and try some different varieties myself. We eat so many of them in the summer that it's the smart thing to do to try and grow enough to cover what we'd be eating!

Reaction score
Hi there :) Glad you decided to join us, welcome on board and nice to meet you! It's always nice to see new experienced gardeners join the forum :) I'm starting to get into growing edibles as well, well, it's something I am planing to do soon after I move. Do you have experience with ''tomatillos''?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome! I've learned so much from this forum, and the discussions are friendly and very useful.
We grow a lot of herbs, also, as well as having flower and vegetable gardens. I bet we'll have some very good conversations!

Ask a Question