Hello from Tennessee

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi, My name is Marian and I am a lifelong gardener. I'm originally from Virginia but moved to Tennessee about 2 years ago. We moved to a newly constructed house that had absolutely no landscaping at all, so I'm starting over from scratch. The climate here is similar to Virginia, so I don't have much of a learning curve, and should be able to be up to speed soon. I was sick this past year, so wasn't able to get much done, but I have started constructing beds, putting in rock walls and filling them with perrenials. This spring, I'm hoping to put in a good vegetable bed in the back where it gets lots of sun.

I miss the beautiful garden that I had in Virginia - I put so much work and so much of myself in it, but I'm also enjoying the beauty of Tennessee. There are so many state parks here, with such diverse surroundings - forests, meadows, rock caves and bridges, creeks, waterfalls, and even canyons (they call them "Gulf" here). I get so much inspiration visiting the parks, and hope to bring some of that into my new garden.

I look forward to hearing all about everyone's garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Welcome!

word of caution, don't listen to me. I am a novice who tends to run before learning to walk.

Enjoy the forum. I love the great attitude and sincerity here.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Ask a Question