Hello Everyone!!

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So... this happened.
While I was studying I got bored and decided to order various seeds online.
I have never actually been quite into growing my own things but something about the peace and preciseness that accompanies it appealed to me. So I ordered a few different kinds.
I got them in today and decided to start growing and actually quite like the process, therefore I decided to join this forum as I noticed that it soon started to come with a lot of questions and I have a lot to learn.

I hope you guys can help me out and the other way around as well!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think it gets quite cold in the Netherlands. Soil temperature is extremely important when planting seedlings so do not plant the seeds too early. Normally about 8 weeks is correct from seed to transplant. So, count backwards 8 weeks from the time your soil is in the 60 degree F range to when you plant your seeds. Seeds do not need light to germinate, just warmth. 75-80 degrees F is great. As soon as the seeds germinate put them in a warm sunny location. If you are going to grow indoors I am sure someone on this forum will explain the proper lighting and growing techniques.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think it gets quite cold in the Netherlands. Soil temperature is extremely important when planting seedlings so do not plant the seeds too early. Normally about 8 weeks is correct from seed to transplant. So, count backwards 8 weeks from the time your soil is in the 60 degree F range to when you plant your seeds. Seeds do not need light to germinate, just warmth. 75-80 degrees F is great. As soon as the seeds germinate put them in a warm sunny location. If you are going to grow indoors I am sure someone on this forum will explain the proper lighting and growing techniques.
Thanks for your reply, I started growing inside today, but am already bumping into some issues, therefore decided to post my first thread in the fruit section right away, already scared that it might fail :s

Ask a Question