Growing herbs in a small space.

Reaction score
I will be living in a dorm during the fall and I currently have a small herb garden, what I want to know is if I would be able to keep growing them living in a dorm. The dorm has a tall window, so there would be sunlight, but I don't know if they'll be okay or if college life would be too much for them.

Reaction score
LOL :) As long as they get water and sunlight they should do fine. I don't think they will be overwhelmed by college life.. :) They may give you the much needed break, seeing your herbs grow and thrive would be really satisfying and should work as a stress reliever too, I guess.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Fortunately herbs don't need much, so don't worry:) . If you'll have a big window there, it should be enough. Just don't forget to water them regularly and everything will be okay.

Reaction score
I agree, just water them regularly and make sure they get plenty of sunlight. Certain herbs need more care than others though, it's a good idea to keep them by the window too, and of course keep checking on them to make sure they are doing well!

Reaction score
As long as they get a bit of sunlight and are watered regularly, your herbs will do well! I love herbs because they are fantastically easy to grow in the smallest of spaces. They require minimal attention and you get so much out of them!
In addition to your regular herbs, you can also grow green onions from the ends that you would normally throw out. You can just stick them in a plain jar of water and watch them grow (periodically replace the water when it starts getting funky). Cut off the parts you want to use, then stick the ends right back in the jar. You can keep the same stalk going for forever like this!

Ask a Question