Garlic...love it or hate it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not only is garlic good for keeping vampires away, but it is good for your body too. It flushes out your system and helps to prevent you from getting sick. I know a few people who don't like it though. Do you love it or hate it?

Reaction score
Not only is garlic good for keeping vampires away, but it is good for your body too

Garlic is good for flavoring food with too :D but yes - as where I live - garlic is a main ingredient in just above every meal we eat and is also used in many breads, crackers as well as for flavoring oils and vinegars too - I think that it would be safe to say that yes I do like garlic.

However - I would just say that if you do enjoy eating garlic - it always helps if the people you associate with eat it too - as that way you don't offend anyone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hate it!:p
I hate garlic more than I hate rice. I think I may be a vampire, lol. I seriously can't stand garlic. Even the smallest dose of it can ruin any meal for me:eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I love garlic and use a lot of it in casseroles, in breads, and to perk up otherwise bland dishes. We grow our own and a great pleasure in life is having lots and lots of garlic hanging in the barn, drying. We have a great smelling barn!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
I love it! And I don't care about the bad breath as I rarely talk or get close enough to other people.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I love garlic! When it comes to cooking, garlic is a very important ingredient to me. I prefer the actual garlic than the powdered ones sold in markets. However, when it comes to gardening, I am very unlucky! I "accidentally" harvested my garlic. I found out that it was too soon. Like months too soon.

Reaction score
Garlic is used in almost everything that is cooked at my house. Except maybe eggs. I am particularly find of a bagette buttered and rubbed with a clove of garlic and the popped under the broiler. There can never be to much garlic!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I love garlic! When it comes to cooking, garlic is a very important ingredient to me. I prefer the actual garlic than the powdered ones sold in markets. However, when it comes to gardening, I am very unlucky! I "accidentally" harvested my garlic. I found out that it was too soon. Like months too soon.
Grow it in pots. Dead easy.

Reaction score
Not only is garlic good for keeping vampires away, but it is good for your body too. It flushes out your system and helps to prevent you from getting sick. I know a few people who don't like it though. Do you love it or hate it?

LOL, you made me laugh, because just today I watched a movie about vampires. But seriously, I like garlic. I use it very often, I have heard that garlic can even help to combat fungal vaginal infections and strengthen your immune system. Plus sauces are never the same without it :)

Reaction score

Same here. I just don't trust the powdered garlic, let alone the garlic flavored little cubes they sell over here! They just can't be the same thing! Plus there are some dishes that do require the fresh garlic cut in tiny pieces!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Same here. I just don't trust the powdered garlic, let alone the garlic flavored little cubes they sell over here! They just can't be the same thing! Plus there are some dishes that do require the fresh garlic cut in tiny pieces!

Garlic cubes? I didn't know there are things like that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I didn't hear of garlic cubes before either. It sounds disgusting! I'm sure they contain many preservatives and other chemicals. Real, natural garlic isn't expensive at all, it's weird that there are peope who prefer to use some weird, artificial substitutes:unsure:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I confess that I make a garlic puree and freeze it for times when I'm in a hurry or need just a bit of garlic. I puree garlic cloves with a bit of vegetable oil, just enough oil to make a thick paste, and freeze it in a container. When I need some, I just scrape off the desired amount and return the container to the freezer.

Ask a Question