Fence Options

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I am a pet sitter and take dogs into my home while their owners go on vacation. I have a 2 acre yard that is mostly landscaped/wooded but has a great path for dogs to run. Anyway, I NEED to have some sort of fencing put in so that I don't have to always take the dogs out on a leash when they need to go out. It would also be nice to let them roam around outside while I am working in the yard so they are not stuck inside the house. I hate to fence the yard because it is so beautiful and beyond our property are woods that I like to have feel as part of our yard, but it will be worth it for the dogs and for me and make my job much easier to have some sort of barrier for the dogs. What type of fencing do you suggest? Would like to be cost-effective, look nice, not make the yard feel like it is enclosed but still open and be able to see through maybe? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I am a pet sitter and take dogs into my home while their owners go on vacation. I have a 2 acre yard that is mostly landscaped/wooded but has a great path for dogs to run. Anyway, I NEED to have some sort of fencing put in so that I don't have to always take the dogs out on a leash when they need to go out. It would also be nice to let them roam around outside while I am working in the yard so they are not stuck inside the house. I hate to fence the yard because it is so beautiful and beyond our property are woods that I like to have feel as part of our yard, but it will be worth it for the dogs and for me and make my job much easier to have some sort of barrier for the dogs. What type of fencing do you suggest? Would like to be cost-effective, look nice, not make the yard feel like it is enclosed but still open and be able to see through maybe? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!
The most cost effective would be T-Posts and goat wire

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Chuck's idea is good but if you want something a little stronger there's chain-link fencing. I'm not sure if it goes by the same name in America.

Ask a Question