Do You Like Spring Cleaning?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was doing some spring cleaning the other day and discovered how much I really like doing it! I think it is just the chucking of all the stuff I don't really need anymore that I get a thrill out of. Does anyone else like to get down and dirty with spring cleaning?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I love the outside stuff.. prepping the beds, amending the soil, etc. The indoor stuff not so much but alot of it gets done over winter when its too cold to be outside. When I can be outside those indoor projects fall to the side until the weather sucks again

Reaction score
I don't really enjoy the cleaning part, per se, but I like what it achieves. Then, I always feel a sense of pride and accomplishment when it's over and my home is spotless.

Reaction score
To be honest I'm not a big fan of cleaning in general, I don't detest spring cleaning tho, since I believe it's very necessary, specially if you have small children and they happen to be asthmatic. There are things I don't like to do, but I do them anyway because that's part of being an adult, oh yeah... lol.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I mean...I don't enjoy it, but I don't necessarily detest it. We don't have any kids, but we do have four pets, so it's critical to clean up and get rid of pet hair, etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just like the sense of accomplishment when it is done and I have cleaned every inch of my home. It is like moving into the place all over again in a sense. I also take this time to gather up a big donation for my local thrift store.

Reaction score
I really enjoy spring cleaning, as it gives me a chance to clean the house after winter. I start with my room and start doing the whole house and usually do it on a Sunday. I try to recycle whatever I can, and anything that I don't think I will use I tend to store in the garage.

Reaction score
I'm glad you enjoy it. IF you do, you are more than welcome to come over here and finish my spring cleaning for me. :) Just kidding...and yes, I do recycle during spring cleaning. I generally get rid of a LOT of stuff, too.

Reaction score
Honestly, I really don't enjoy cleaning in general. I will clean, but it's not something that I really WANT to do.

Spring cleaning isn't much of a thing to me since I am cleaning so regularly. :/

Reaction score
Yes I absolutely love it! In addition to going through everything I have accumulated over the past year, I also love how spring cleaning sort of signifies a fresh start. When I do my spring cleaning--usually over a weekend--I open all of my windows, start in one room in my apartment and do EVERYTHING! I wash the walls, clean the baseboards, vacuum, move everything and dust. It is so therapeutic and I love the way my apartment looks and how fresh and clean it smells when I am finished.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the final results of moving the stuff that no longer serves a purpose out of the house or yard adding new items or plants to the yard. A general cleaning is so refreshing. It is hard work and takes a little time but it is good. We have been working on the back yard, removing tree limbs, cleaning up the old leaves and pulling weeds. The garage is next, now that is a real challenge.

Reaction score
I don't really enjoy the cleaning part, per se, but I like what it achieves. Then, I always feel a sense of pride and accomplishment when it's over and my home is spotless.
Agreed, I don't like the process of cleaning but I like how the place looks afterwards. I feel better after spring cleaning but I don't find the actual process fun.

Reaction score
I actually really like it too, it makes me feel good to have gotten rid of things I don't need so that my house is better organized. I feel like when my house is better organized, I feel better too! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just filled up 2 bags of donations, so I feel very accomplished right now. The sad part is that I am going to be going shopping in a couple of days and will probably bring more than 2 bags back into the house! It is fun to purge the old things I no longer use though.

Ask a Question