Do you have any whimsical decorations in your garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, he's definitely an owl Zigs, I wonder what Wiseowl will make of him? Sorry, can't picture a chainsaw artist with a violin, somehow I think he'd make a terrible noise! :D

Reaction score
the closest to whimsical, i guess, are some brass bells shaped like apples. i found 5 in a thrift store and hung 4 of them in the small fruit trees i planted. i'm hoping as the trees grow they end up high in the trees and hopefully still swing free enough to ocassionally ring.

well, thinking more on it, i guess also a brass parrot hanging over the deck, and various small hanging bird houses. i've only hung one, but i have maybe 3-4 more i'll hang eventually.

you know, thinking more on it, i guess i don't know where the lines fall bettween whimsical, decorative, tacky (like in the other thread) or what. i see things i might like and stick them around the yard.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am not sure if they come under the 'whimsical' category but I do have some garden artifacts and this is one of them. The clinging ivy has decided to make this pot look artistic

LRGEPOT.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love decorating my garden with ‘stuff’. I really love glass globes and pretty potters. I also have a white chair and table in my garden for show. I think this helps personalize my garden. I also have a pretty bird bath. It’s right in front of my window so my indoor cats can get a little excitement.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Well, I have a ceramic turtle on top of a stump. In Texas, there is a saying about a "post turtle": "When you're driving down a country road and you see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle. You know he didn't get up there by himself. He doesn't belong there; he can't get anything done while he's up there; and you just want to help the poor, dumb thing down." So I have a stump turtle.
We also have two bird watering stations--neither one is very decorative although functional, and we have a gargoyle in the front flower bed.

Attachments

• Turtle 2.jpg
    Turtle 2.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 236
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Such nice garden decorations in the photos above. We bought a fountain years ago that was a good adornment in our garden. Unfortunately, the fountain's water became a breeding ground of mosquitoes. That's health hazard so we removed that fountain. In the backyard storage, the water fount was broken and only the pedestal is left. It was a cute fountain and a novelty too knowing that the material is lahar, that sandy lava from Mt. Pinatubo.

There's the pedestal beside the LPG tank.
IMG_4145 pedestal ok.JPG

Reaction score
Since it's nearing Christmas my mother has decided to decorate our mine pine trees with christmas balls and lights. Maybe I'll put up a picture tomorrow it's dark out now so I can't show you guys but it's pretty cool. The balls have diamond like glitter in red and blue. The lights are a warm yellow hue. It's not particularly whimsical but we do have a Santa that's elf-sized near the tree, it's pretty amazing because we're the only house in the block to even start putting out decorations.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The owl is really nice I would like to see the owl when the garden turns green.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do not, but I would love to have fairies in my garden. It reminds me of those two girls with the cutouts of the fairies that took pictures and everyone thought they were real! Even if they weren't real, they were still such beautiful pictures and would motivate me to have some fairy statues in my garden!
One rarely sees the actual faries, but there may be evidence they were there.

This was my lockdown project, putting all my short stories on YouTube. There are about 50 more of them there, and a proper 30 Chapter book coming up. I am CV and still don't get out much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like something like this - but something that would last and stay looking good for a while. Our climate is very wet, so anything made of fabric would just go mouldy. I'm quite handy myself so could make it, but not sure what materials would hold up to our weather.
The look I'm trying to get is along the lines of Hobbiton veg garden from Lord of The Rings.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You would love it around here, bonfire societies arrange guy competitions, and not just for Nov 5th so you often see them lounging around. In Battle they have a knitting group as well that does things like putting covers and hats on the posts by the road.

Ask a Question