Gnome decorations for garden?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Does anyone have gnome decorations for their garden? I have a gnome figurine from my aunt as a gift, when my aunt said she will give me a gnome figurine, I I thought I can place it in the garden but I was wrong because the gnome size only about 1 and a half inches tall and if I place it in the garden, it will surely get damaged. It is an interesting piece made of brass. I am still thinking of having gnomes as decorations though, I think they are cute. What do you think friends?

Reaction score
I think gnomes are kind of funny garden decorations for whimsical people. I wouldn't have garden gnomes but I find them amusing in other people's gardens.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My mother love garden gnomes and has a big collection of them. I personally do not have any in my yard, but I do like helping my mom find some cute new ones. She got on the kick after seeing the Travelocity commercial a few years ago.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I want a gnome! It's a very German tradition to have a gnome in your garden. However, my boyfriend does not want to have a gnome in our garden and is fighting me tooth and nail over it. He says they creep him out horribly. Now, I've tried zombie gnomes, gnomes with football helmets, Darth Vader gnomes, and the like, but he won't have any of them. So, I guess I will have to make a fairy garden and forget tradition.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Gnomes- I can't help but smile. They are sort of endearing. For some reason in this area the kids or someone like to steal gnomes and other little garden ornaments like that. Usually they all appear near some creek of meadow all in a circle. Sometimes there are cute little signs that say Teddy Bears Picnic or something like that. There was this one house had a gnome on each tree stump that went a crossed the front of the property, there were about 12 of them. Last time I checked there was one, well at least part of one anyway. :sneaky:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is so wrong that people would take gnomes out if the people's yards, but it is cute that they would stage them somewhere for a picnic. Probably kids or something just trying to be funny?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's almost like they make the gnomes "come to life" when no one is looking it's hilarious and annoying at the same time. Someone has to be very creative and there has to be enough neighborhood gnomes for a gnome party. You should take a picture if it happens again. We can call it the adventures of gnomy and the gnome-nappers.

Reaction score
Gnomes- I can't help but smile. They are sort of endearing. For some reason in this area the kids or someone like to steal gnomes and other little garden ornaments like that. Usually they all appear near some creek of meadow all in a circle. Sometimes there are cute little signs that say Teddy Bears Picnic or something like that. There was this one house had a gnome on each tree stump that went a crossed the front of the property, there were about 12 of them. Last time I checked there was one, well at least part of one anyway. :sneaky:
That's pretty cute. It's like they come to life and go on little adventures. Hopefully the owners find their gnomes and get them back.

Ask a Question