Cute planter

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw this idea on Pinterest, a great way to repurpose some old drawers.

upload_2015-7-2_9-53-29.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I always have mixed feelings about these sorts of things. I applaud the creativity and the reuse, but I also wonder at the practicality of the materials. I'm the kind of person who likes things to fit together as opposed to having a bunch of random things scattered about that don't really match. I'm even being more "thoughtful" these days about the plants I choose in order to create garden "themes" around my yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think it's charming, though I agree those probably won't hold up for more than a year or two in any sort of damp climate. I sort of like the "shabby chic" look, though. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are beautiful and unique! I know my friend would love to have these planters around as she has so many eccentric looking planters around her home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They look very pretty! I love those colors, because they remind me of spring:) Using old drawers as planters is a very creative idea.

Reaction score
They look pretty, i think it's nice people are rehusing their own furniture like that! However, just like tire planters this isn't for me. I know some people like original looking planters like this one, but I actually like my planters to kinda match. This is still a nice idea tho, I would definitely try it if I wanted a really original looking garden (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Same here, Trellum. I love looking at creative planters and it doesn't surprise me when people buy them, but I wouldn't want to have one in my garden or in my house. All my flower pots are white and minimalistic:) I like to keep things simple.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They would look great on my porch. Its a small porch, but they would be perfect in the from left corner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I found another cute planter made from old drawers. I think it looks really nice and funny:

Faux-Drawer-Planters-with-Chalk-Paint-11Artzy-Creations.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I this this may, actually, be more suitable for my particular needs. The drawers I have are already painted cute pastels. I'm just wondering if they're too deep or not.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's charming, though I agree those probably won't hold up for more than a year or two in any sort of damp climate. I sort of like the "shabby chic" look, though. :)
A good coat of paint on the inside before you started would probably help. I always hang on to oil paint leftovers, when they get a bit thick and 'claggy' they are great for waterproofing.

I had an old ex-police Vellocette LE and the front leg guards were getting a bit tatty, so I gave them a good coat of old white Dulux over the grey they re-sprayed them. Noticed that people in front of me would often slow down to the speed limit. :)

Ask a Question