Chili Pepper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
From the leftover seeds that we throw in the backyard, some of the seeds would grow but we select which seedlings should grow. Now we have 2 hot pepper plants that are prolific with fruits. However, before the new year, I have noticed some white pests in the leaves. Those aphids are the nemesis of pepper that's why we seldom plant pepper. But the pepper plant is already matured and nearing its end so we have to rest for a year with pepper until the aphids are gone.
IMG_8610 sili.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
over the years have lost the taste for butt burning hot peppers,but do grow a few for fellow employees.
last year grew upright bangkok... very prolific plant and very tedious to pick.did not order any hot ones this year will see what the box stores have this spring..
DSC_0006.JPG

did find a great stuffing pepper called highlander...johnnys seeds very prolific as well.
like the flavor of them over a poblano.
DSC_0005.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like mild spicy food and I found that the smaller the peppers, the hotter they are. I tried some Thai's recipes, and they all required some sort of chili peppers. I bought the small and thin ones like in @Corzhens and @majorcatfish pictures.

My cousin has a large patch of these peppers in her yard, so I might ask for some this summer.

Ask a Question